HitmanPro Review and License Giveaway
HitmanPro is meant to be a secondary scanner. It is your second line defense when your software antivirus and firewall fail you. As with any antivirus software detection is not 100%. This is where HitmanPro comes in to the game. HitmanPro offers 5 signature databases that it uses to scan for malware in the most commonly infected locations. Due to the behavior characteristics HitmanPro was built around, HitmanPro recognizes malware before the behavior scan is actually done.
Engines: Dr.Web, Ikarus, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, GData
HitmanPro scans first using its behavioral scan. The verification of any infections HitmanPro finds is then verified against the Scan Cloud to confirm infection. HitmanPro prides itself in being compatible with any antivirus solution.
Behavioral Scan: SurfRight has disected and analyzed over 300,000 malware samples to put together a behavior profile of malware. The initial scan in HitmanPro is using this profile to scan the computer for malware before samples are submitted to the cloud for verification.
Malware Remnants: HitmanPro has the ability to scan for malware left overs that your antivirus may have missed. It also offers the ability to scan for PUP’s (Potential Unwanted Programs).
SSL: HitmanPro offers the ability to upload samples via SSL for verification.
VirusTotal: HitmanPro offers the ability to upload samples to VirusTotal as well. This requires the VirusTotal API key.
Early Warning Scoring: HitmanPro uses behavioural analysis rather than checksums or virus signatures. Antivirus and antimalware companies can not keep up with the speed at which new malware is being created. The EWS offers the ability to detect unknown zero day malware by scoring the behaviors observed from the file. This option could cause great harm if your not a trained expert.
SurfRight has defined the common characteristics of malware using these criteria:
- File Entropy
- PE analysis imports, anomalies common in malware
- Discrepancies between API and raw data (rootkits)
- Read locked files using SurfRight RawCopy
- Activity (process, modules, handle, network)
- Uninstall abilities
- Visibility (window, tray icons)
- Presence (location, icons, etc.)
- Communicating with web servers
- Imitation of trusted process names
- Autostart methods
- Meta data (publisher, version, description, product name)
- Authenticode digital signatures
- Compression and encryption
- Probable sources (ex. IE cache escape)
- Query public sources for security gossip and safety classifications
These tests where ran by an independent testing company called AV-Test. AV-Test specializes in IT services and Antivirus research. These results are above average in every category.
HitmanPro has absolutely no cons. Its weightless on your system, fast at scanning, has a free option as a second opinion, and offers peace of mind. This is one piece of software I have on every computer I own. Stop by and download it.
I have 2 licenses to giveaway to HitmanPro for 1 year. The giveaway will end December 8, 2012 12PM EST. You will have your license by December 9th. Be sure to use an email address that you normally use. This is how the license will be sent to you.
All entrants will be entered into a random list and the first 2 results on the list will receive a license for HitmanPro.
To be included in the giveaway (Both Pieces must be followed):
1. Post a comment to this thread. Must include your favorite feature of HitMan Pro and Why? OR What Features you would like to see implemented into HitMan Pro and Why? (Chose 1 or the other)
2. Subscribe to RSS newsletters on the right hand side of the website.
3 . Post this thread on one other website (Optional, but appreciated).